PASSED IN 60 QUESTIONS! (New 2020 Addition NCLEX)

4/2/2020 7:13:47 PM
Hello, ⁣

I swore if I passed the NCLEX I would come back and write a post for everyone who is having doubts and anxiety about the NCLEX. I graduated from nursing school in Dec. 2019, and after a lot of frustrating obstacles, I finally got my ATT at the beginning of March. I had originally planned to take my NCLEX on March 23rd, but the week before I was about to take it, they shut down all testing center sites because of the coronavirus. I was disheartened because I had been studying and awaiting my time to test, but I unfortunately had to reschedule once they had opened up the testing centers...three days later. So I luckily ended up testing yesterday April 1st, 2020. I was too anxious to do the Pearson Vue trick so I waited til today to see my license pop up!⁣

MY STUDY PLAN: I only used Uworld. My school used ATI and paid for the Hurst Review, and I felt Uworld was the only thing keeping me sane. I had been doing questions here and there after graduating but not really hard core studying. Once I got my ATT, I cracked down for about two weeks before March 23rd. ⁣
- I tried to take two, 75 TIMED question quizzes a day and would review and write down the rationales after.⁣
- I tried to really focus on the concept and things relating to it, & that helped a lot. ⁣
- I took my first assessment test and I got BORDERLINE :/ so that was disappointing at first, but then after doing more questions and 75 question quizzes, ⁣
- I took it again and got a HIGH chance of passing! ⁣
Once my test was unexpectedly canceled, I took a break from studying, but I picked it up again, ⁣
- I did 60 TIMED question quizzes (since I scheduled my test during the new NCLEX test of min. 60 questions)⁣
- I did some 30 TUTORED question quizzes on specific topics closer to my NCLEX⁣

***I felt doing TIMED quizzes really helped me stay focus and not see what I was getting wrong. Tutor mode was good for time-sensitivity since you can read the rationales as you go.***⁣

MY SCORES: I ended up having a 92nd percentile ranking but that is only because I went back and did all my incorrect questions. I was scoring high 50s - high 60s with my 60-75 question TIMED quizzes. I was fluctuating a lot in scores so make sure you are focused when quizzing. ⁣

Overall, I think Uworld really prepared me for the NCLEX. Don't be scared, you have been training and studying for this all of nursing school! Schedule your test, study as best you can beforehand, and then go take it. I did not think I was fully ready to take it but I had been waiting so long to take I just wanted to get it over with. BREATHE! Take one question at a time and soon enough, you'll be an RN! Good luck! Read rationales. Understand concepts, and do TIMED quizzes! TRUST IN UWORLD. Trust in God too.

4/2/2020 7:33:30 PM
Congrats!! thanks for sharing! I'm in the exact same situation, my initial date got canceled and i rescheduled for mid-April. I have been only doing Uworld about 60 questions a day and am getting nervous. I want to do more q's but it takes a long time for me to get through all the rationales. Do you think just doing UW was good enough?

4/2/2020 7:38:21 PM
wmlm549962 wrote:
Congrats!! thanks for sharing! I'm in the exact same situation, my initial date got canceled and i rescheduled for mid-April. I have been only doing Uworld about 60 questions a day and am getting nervous. I want to do more q's but it takes a long time for me to get through all the rationales. Do you think just doing UW was good enough?

Thank you! I know, it's so frustrating but I am glad you got back on track! I did about one 60 question TIMED quiz a day and then went back and wrote/read the rationales. (I don't write down rationales for things that I should've known but just chose the wrong answer). It does take a while but it will benefit you. Like I said, I only used Uworld even though I had ATI, Hurst Review, and Mark Klimek resources. Everybody has their own way of studying but only using Uworld worked for me. Hope this helps!

4/10/2020 11:44:37 AM
Congrats! How did you take your quizzes on here? Did you make them in a particular order or just at random? Thank you!

4/10/2020 2:38:30 PM
ztne784849 wrote:
Congrats! How did you take your quizzes on here? Did you make them in a particular order or just at random? Thank you!

Thank you! I took quizzes TIMED (because I felt it was best not to know what I was getting wrong or right to distract me) and then I took them with all UNUSED questions and a ALL of the topics. I felt like this better helped my study time, and kept me knowledgeable to all aspects. I tried to do at least 60 questions a day and read all rationales but as I got closer to the NCLEX I did 25 questions quizzes with either my incorrect questions or areas I was weak in. Hope this helps!

4/27/2020 10:54:24 PM
Congrats!!! I recently start to study. I got the ATT and will take the test in August. I am study with my books from my hometown, soon buy UWorld the package. Sometimes got frustrated, never practice at my hometown, PR. Now so excited because of the test but with anxiety.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK