borderline assessment and passed NCLEX in 75

1/8/2020 9:35:22 PM
Reading this reviews saved my sanity so I figured I should post one myself. I was in the 48th percentile pretty much the entire time I used UWORLD. My assessment score was borderline on UWORLD assessment and this was discouraging to me. I did almost the entire test bank, I think I had 70-100 questions left. I reviewed some of the questions I got wrong but not all. If you aren't doing super well on UWORLD its okay! The NCLEX felt too easy. Way easier than UWORLd. Study hard here and ace your test !

1/13/2020 8:53:10 AM
gcmv201416 wrote:
Reading this reviews saved my sanity so I figured I should post one myself. I was in the 48th percentile pretty much the entire time I used UWORLD. My assessment score was borderline on UWORLD assessment and this was discouraging to me. I did almost the entire test bank, I think I had 70-100 questions left. I reviewed some of the questions I got wrong but not all. If you aren't doing super well on UWORLD its okay! The NCLEX felt too easy. Way easier than UWORLd. Study hard here and ace your test !

I am very nervous I take my NCLEX in 10 days. I have taken both assessments, the first one I did very well and scored a very high chance of passing, however on my second one I scored borderline. I have been doing questions daily. I plan on completing the entire test bank before I take my NCLEX I have approximately 600 questions left. I have also been studying Kaplan per my college request. Do you have any suggestions on what else I should be doing? Most of my scores on Qbanks range between mid 50s-60s.

1/13/2020 10:27:29 AM
I was also very nervous, that is totally normal! I almost reschedule due to my assessment scores. I was also in the 50-60% range. NCLEX was more about basic principles about big things you should know, not so much about nitty gritty details. A lot of the questions seemed to have obvious answers or were written in a way where you could pick the right answer pretty easy. UWORLD expects you to know a lot more. Remember, NCLEX expects you to be a novice nurse with 2 weeks of vast nursing knowledge. Don’t be a killer nurse! There will always be something wrong in the scenario. Pick least invasive method. If you know anyone with the hurst review book, look over the “how to pass the nclex” section. Relax the day before. I got a massage and had lunch with a friend. Take your test early in the morning. Eat a good breakfast. Listen to your favorite songs on the way.

6/24/2020 2:47:58 AM
xxpm916594 wrote:
gcmv201416 wrote:

I am very nervous I take my NCLEX in 10 days. I have taken both assessments, the first one I did very well and scored a very high chance of passing, however on my second one I scored borderline. I have been doing questions daily. I plan on completing the entire test bank before I take my NCLEX I have approximately 600 questions left. I have also been studying Kaplan per my college request. Do you have any suggestions on what else I should be doing? Most of my scores on Qbanks range between mid 50s-60s.

Hi! I am prepping to take my nclex, can you share how your experience went with the nclex?

2/19/2022 3:17:41 PM
Hey guys,

Just wanted to say do not get discouraged and trust UWorld, I used UWorld as my primary study tool did 50-75 Questions a day plus the Mark Klimek audio's that a friend shared with me. Gave my self about 6weeks to study for the NCLEX, 2 weeks after purchasing UWorld I took my first assessment in which I scored a very High probability of passing. I continued my study routine, 4 days before I took the NCLEX I did the 2nd assessment however, on that exam I only scored a borderline chance of passing, I was so upset I felt as the days went on that I was losing Information. That did not stop me from continuing to review the material that I was not sure about and attempting to get better in those areas. UWorld was worth every penny the rationales and pictures are amazing! I passed my NCLEX in 75 questions and can honestly say if it was for UWorld, I don't think I would have passed. Good luck everyone! Remember not to panic about your scores but to make sure you are learning w/ each rationale. Say a little prayer before your exam, You've got this!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK